|Information for Authors
Aims and Scope
The International Journal of Control, Automation, and Systems (IJCAS) is a bimonthly published periodical. As of 2003, it is a joint publication of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (ICROS) and the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers (KIEE). The purpose of the journal is to establish a high quality archival periodical presenting state of the art, recent advances and practical applications of control, automation and systems engineering. In the journal, the four technical areas included are: Control Theory, Control Applications, Robotics and Automation, Intelligent and Information Systems.
Two types of contributions are regularly considered:
(1) Regular Papers: Presentation of significant research, development or application of control concepts
and normally limited to ten pages in final form.
(2) Technical Notes and Correspondence: Brief technical notes, comments on published areas or
established control topics, corrections to papers, and notes published in the Journal.
Manuscripts up to five pages are allowed in final form.
Conditions of Publication
Submission of a manuscript implies that it has not been copyrighted, published, submitted, nor accepted for publication elsewhere. All submitted manuscripts should be as concise as possible. Longer manuscripts may be considered, but have a proportionately lower probability of acceptance.
All manuscripts are treated as confidential and peer-reviewed by anonymous reviewers selected by Editorial Board. The corresponding author is notified possible of the editor’s decision to accept, reject, or request revision of manuscripts. When the final revised manuscript is completely acceptable according to IJCAS format and criteria, it is scheduled for publication in the next available issue.
Submission by Internet
Manuscripts can be submitted electronically via our website. This can be done by visiting the IJCAS website at http:// ijcas.com and following the instructions.
Only PDF file is accepted and authors should embed all the fonts needed to print the paper.
(1) Manuscripts must be written in English and in two column format using font size 10.
It is necessary to follow the instructions of the manuscript template.
(2) Original illustrations should not be sent until requested, but authors should be ready
to submit these immediately upon acceptance for publication.
(3) Authors of an accepted manuscript will be required to provide the text of the final version
of their manuscript on the website http://ijcas.com.
(4) The preferred format for accepted papers is Word (.doc). The preferred formats for graphics are TIF, EPS,
and JPG formats. High-contrast line figures should be prepared with 600 dpi resolution, and
color/gray figures should be prepared with more than 300 dpi resolution. The color figures
should be clearly seen even though they are printed back and white printers.
(5) Brief biographies and either clear glossy photographs of the authors or JPG files of the figures should be
submitted after the paper has been accepted.
(1) First page must contain:
a) Title of paper, author(s), and affiliation(s);
b) Abstract (not exceeding 300 words for Regular Papers or 75 words for Technical Notes
and Correspondence, and without equations, references, or footnotes);
c) Keywords (at least four key words or phrases);
d) Complete mailing address and e-mail address;
e) Preferred address for correspondence and return of and,
f) Footnotes (if desired) containing acknowledgement of financial or other support.
(2) Provide an introduction that includes a statement of the purpose and contribution of the paper.
(3) References should be citied within the text in numerical order according to their order of appearance.
The numbered reference citation should be enclosed in brackets, e.g., “KF is proven in . Dorf 
introduced another method.”
(4) References should appear at the end of the paper.
 G. D. Hong, “Call for papers,” IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 100-105, January 1999.
 C. H. Dorf, Modern Control Systems, Addison-Wesley, 1999.
 G. D. Hong, “A way to success,” Proc. of American Control Conference, San Diego, pp. 106-110, June 1999.
It is the policy of the IJCAS to own the copyright to the technical contributions that it publishes on behalf of the interests of the IJCAS, its authors, and their employers, and to facilitate the appropriate reuse of this material to others.
Please click to download "Copyright Transfer Form".
Mandatory Overlength Page Charge
(1) Regular Papers: A mandatory page charge is imposed on all papers exceeding six pages in length, including illustrations. The charge is USD 50 per page for each page over the first six and USD 100 per page for each page over the first ten.
(2) Technical Notes and Correspondence: A mandatory page charge is imposed on all papers exceeding five pages in length, including illustrations. The charge is USD 100 per page for each page over the first five.
Paper Charge and Reprints
A voluntary page charge form (USD 50 per page) is sent to the authors with proofs and the author is encouraged, whenever possible, to make a contribution to defray part of the publication cost. Author will receive 30 free reprints only if the voluntary page charge is honored.
>>> Go to Guide to submission